I can’t tell you how many times I have stayed at this hotel. It is one of the 4 onsite hotels offered for those visiting Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios.
We have annual passes to the theme parks and make several trips to Orlando a year. Our preferred onsite hotel is the Hard Rock Hotel, and there are several reasons for this:
– It is the closest onsite hotel in proximity to the theme parks
– They have really comfortable beds
-The rooms are designed for rock stars
-Great food options
– events are always going on
There are a transporation options for anyone staying at the onsite hotels:
– walking (hard rock path is the shortest and you end up right in front of Universal)
– the boat (we don’t do this, because there is always a wait and always a line)
-rickshaw (you can pay for a rickshaw to take you to and from your hotel)
– Shuttle buses (we never take these)
What are the benefits of staying at a onsite hotel?
– Fl residents and annual pass holders get a discount on the rooms
– Early admission to Islands of Adventure!! (this allows hotel guest to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at 8am, before it opens to the public. We always take advantage of this as it reduces the wait time for the ride from 45-75 minutes to 15-30 minutes. We leave from Harry Potter and ride the other rides before their lines get long)
-One of the best advantages is your unlimited fast passes that are included for being a hotel guest. This is a huge money saver for families. I have seen the passes at $99 (unlimited rides) per person before and you get them for free! This pass allows everyone staying at the hotel to take advantage of the fast pass line and skip everyone waiting in the regular line. We have seen rides with a wait time of 45-75 minutes and we have waited for maybe 15 minutes in the fast pass line. Well worth it!
-Any purchases made in the theme parks can be delivered directly to your hotel room. You don’t have to carry it around the parks with you!
– Hotel guest also get priority seating at selected restaurants throughout the resorts
Booking Tip: Don’t forget to ask about annual pass/ Fl resident discounts! For non-florida residents don’t forget to ask about AAA discounts!